Notice of Amendment
ATTENTION NORTH CAROLINA CUSTOMERS. Effective December 1, 2018, Suddenlink is amending and updating your Safeguard Terms and Conditions as set forth below.
Safeguard Terms and Conditions
- Description: The Safeguard plan ("Plan") is an optional monthly plan available to current Suddenlink customers which covers service visits related to Suddenlink video, high speed internet and voice services as follows:
- The Plan covers the cost of service visits related to repair of inside wiring in connection with the delivery of the applicable video, high speed internet and/or voice services located on the Customer's side of the Demarcation Point, as well as certain inside wiring repairs. Under this Plan, inside wiring shall be defined as cables, connectors, jacks, and other components necessary to receive the applicable Suddenlink service, except as limited in Section 2 of these Terms and Conditions. Under this Plan, the Demarcation Point begins 12 inches outside of your home and extends inside to the individual outlets and extensions. For apartments, condominiums, offices and/or other group or business facilities, the demarcation point is the outlet or jack inside the unit.
- The Plan also covers the cost of service visits in which a Customer calls customer support with an issue relating to the use of Suddenlink products or services and Suddenlink subsequently determines that an in-home service visit is necessary to resolve issues related to inside wiring, connectors and other customer equipment (e.g., laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart TVs, etc.) necessary for the operation of Suddenlink products and services. For example, the Plan would cover the cost of service visits to connect mobile WiFi devices, address incorrect equipment settings or connections or program remote controls. The cost of the visit is covered even if it is determined that the issue is isolated to customer-owned or provided (as opposed to Suddenlink-provided) equipment.
Suddenlink will perform all services under the Plan in accordance with industry standards.
- Restrictions and Exclusions: The Plan does NOT cover:
- The cost of a scheduled service visit:
- in the event of a missed appointment (i.e., Customer is not home or does not answer door at time of service visit); or
- in the event the appointment is cancelled at the time of the service visit (i.e., when the technician arrives at service location).
- The following repairs and other services (although the cost of the service visit is covered):
- repair of wire concealed within a wall or other inaccessible structure, i.e., wire that is wall fished;
- repair of non-Suddenlink equipment;
- installation or configuration of non-Suddenlink equipment, with the exception of a customer-owned router or modem;
- repair of complex or custom wiring such as smart panels and long-distance HDMI;
- installation, removal, relocation of or change of Suddenlink services;
- repair or replacement of Ethernet/Cat5 cable or fittings, except as required to connect the Suddenlink Router to the cable modem and/or Customer computer; or
- repair of any damage or destruction caused by fire, flood, earthquake, Acts of God, vandalism, home renovation, gross negligence or willful damage.
- The cost of a scheduled service visit:
- Fees and Cancellation Policy:
- Plan Customers agree to pay the applicable monthly fee and if it applies, a cancellation fee. Plan fee will be billed monthly in advance for as long as the Customer remains in the plan. Business Customers enrolled in Premium Tech Support ("PTS Business Customer(s)") or Premier Protection & Support ("PPS Business Customers") are automatically enrolled in the Safeguard Plan and receive the Plan without additional fee (but not vice versa).
- Plan Customers may cancel at any time by calling (888) 705-7171 or contacting Suddenlink at: 1111 Stewart Avenue, Bethpage, NY 11714, Attn: Service Protection.
- If a Plan Customer does not have an eligible service visit within the first thirty (30) days of the Plan, Customer is entitled to a full refund of the applicable monthly fee.
- If a Plan Customer schedules and/or receives an eligible service visit, or in the alternative, has a pending eligible service visit at the time of sign up for the Plan, and cancels within the first one hundred eighty (180) days of the Plan, the Customer may be responsible for a cancellation fee of $25 for residential Customers and $50 for business Customers.
- Additional fees may apply for work performed that is not covered by the Plan.
- PTS Residential Customers should refer to the Premier Technical Support Terms and Conditions for any applicable cancellation policy. PTS Business Customers and PPS Business Customers should refer to the Premium Tech Support for Business Terms and Conditions for any applicable cancellation policy.
- Taxes and Fees: Customer agrees to pay any applicable local, state or federal taxes and/or fees imposed or levied on or with respect to the Plan.
- Access to Customer Premises: Customer authorizes Suddenlink and its employees, agents, contractors and representatives to access and otherwise enter the Customer's premises to install, inspect, maintain and/or make eligible, covered repair(s) and, upon the termination of Service, to remove the same from the premises. If Customer is not the owner of the property where Suddenlink will perform service visits, Customer hereby warrants and represents that Customer has obtained all necessary permissions from the owner of the property and Customer will indemnify Suddenlink from any liability arising from a breach of the representation and warranty.
- Limitation of Liability: Suddenlink shall not be liable for any damages (including indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind) arising from services performed under the Plan.
- Amendment: Suddenlink may, in its sole discretion, change, modify, add or remove portions of this Plan at any time. Suddenlink may notify Customer of any such changes to this Plan by posting notice of such changes on the Suddenlink website or sending notice via e-mail or postal mail. The Customer's continued participation in the Plan following notice of such change, modification or amendment shall be deemed to be the Customer's acceptance of any such modification. If Customer does not agree to any modification of this Plan, Customer must cancel the Plan in accordance to Paragraph 3.
Effective December 1, 2018